Father: Please help stop execution of an innocent man - my son Nguyen Van Chuong - Dân Làm Báo

Father: Please help stop execution of an innocent man - my son Nguyen Van Chuong

To:

Amnesty International
Human Rights organizations
Office of European Union.
Embassies of countries that have concerns about human rights abuses in Vietnam

My name  Nguyen Truong Chinh, born in 1945, I am currently residing at 1 Binh Dan Village, Kim Thanh, Hai Duong Provice. My  telephone number is  01626627673 (+84 1626627673)


I hereby call on Human Rights Organizations and to all people who believe in justice to voice and demand the Vietnamese Authority to review the case of my son, Nguyen Van Chuong, who is going to receive the lethal injection in this December 2014 for the crime he did not commit.

I wish to present some facts and background about my son's case:

My son was accused of murder a Police Major in Dinh Vu, Hai Phong City on July 14, 2007, at 21:00 hour. However, at the time the crime occurred, my son Nguyen Van Chuong was in Binh Dan village, Kim Thanh District, Hai Duong Province which is 40 km away. There were witnesses had confirmed this fact

During the investigation, my son Nguyen Van Chuong had to endure most severe, inhumane and unimaginable physical abuses and coercions by Hai Phong police and was forced to confess and to sign the confession document worded by police for the crime he did not commit. My younger son, Nguyen Trong Doan, also received severe physical abuses by Hai Phong police and was sentenced 2 years imprisonment for simply logging a petition to police stating his brother innocent.

During the trial, the prosecutor and the Court deliberately ignored my son's alibi. The court also rejected the defend lawyer' request to call for the witnesses to stand. The people court simply based on the testimonies of two person named Vu Toan Trung and Phuong to convict my son despite no convincing, factual and accurate evidences were presented to the court by police and prosecutors. As a result, my son was sentenced to death for the crime which he and I believed he never committed

In the last 8 years, my son, Nguyen Van Chuong and I have sent countless petitions to the Local Provincial Government, Congress, Central Government  to review my son's case. I also wrote two letters with my own blood sent to the President Truong Tan Sang asking the President to intervene and request for a proper review the case and find-out the truth. However, despite thousands of letters/pettions, I never received any responses from the Vietnamese Authority

In October 2014, my family was informed by the representatives of the Hai Phong's People Court that the death sentence to my son Nguyen Van Chuong, will be carried out by the end of December 2014.

With desperation, I sincerely request International Human Rights Agencies, Embassies of Countries which have business relationship with Vietnam to intervene and request Vietnamese Government to stop the execution of my son. May I also ask you to voicing your support for an inquiry into my son's case, including collecting factual evidences of the crime, alibi, and the inhumane interrogations, coercion methods carried out by the investigators to force my son to confess a crime he did not commit

December 12, 2014

Yours sincerely,
Nguyen Truong Chinh




Translated by:



Bình Luận

Thời Sự

Chuyên đề

 
http://danlambaovn.blogspot.com/search?max-results=50
Copyright © 2014 Dân Làm Báo