Lawyer Võ An Đôn: Tomorrow I Will Fight - Dân Làm Báo

Lawyer Võ An Đôn: Tomorrow I Will Fight

Võ An Đôn - Tomorrow, 23 March 2015, is when the case of “The Year 9 student, beaten to death by police”, will be brought to the Appellate Court. This afternoon, I was on my way to Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa province. 

Upon departing for Nha Trang, I told my wife, “I am now defending two cases whose victims were beaten to death by police. I know that this may pose a great danger to my life and to our family. But I must follow my conscience and fight for justice; I will take the consequences."

My wife listened to me, but did not want me to go. She was anxious that I would not be able to return home.

I said to her: “For all men born, taking care of their families and serving their country are their two honourable duties. These days, too many citizens have died in police custody, too often. I am a competent lawyer. My conscience would not rest if I did not help. It would mean I didn’t fulfil my duty as a man. Fighting for justice is like a fight on a battlefield. If I do not return home, be brave, stand in my place - work on the farm to raise our two children and look after our father.

After hearing all my reasons, my wife let me go. She looked sadly at me and our children.



* Further information regarding Lawyer Võ An Đôn can be found at:







Bình Luận

Thời Sự

Chuyên đề

 
http://danlambaovn.blogspot.com/search?max-results=50
Copyright © 2014 Dân Làm Báo